The Fish Tale Boats family believes in lending a helping hand to friends and neighbors in need. Consider joining us in giving to these deserving nonprofit organizations your support.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness – Fish Tale Boats hosted Grady-White boat-owner festivals and raised a total of $50,000 for the National Alliance on Mental Illness. The nonprofit organization is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Florida Gulf Coast University Foundation – Travis Fricke and Justin Fricke are both graduates of the university in Fort Myers. FGCU opened in 1997 and today has more than 15,000 students. The foundation recently embarked on a $100 million campaign to ensure its continued growth and development as Southwest Florida’s leading institution of higher learning.
- Lee Health Foundation – Lee Health, formerly called Lee Memorial Health System, is the largest public health system in Florida. It owns and operates four acute-care hospitals and two specialty hospitals in Lee County with a total of 1,426 beds, 13,000 employees, and 4,500 volunteers.
- Shriners International – Shriners are a brotherhood of men from varying backgrounds and interests who are engaged in personal growth and dedicated to providing care for children and families in need. Shriners Hospitals for Children was founded in 1922 with the goal of providing medical care for children at no cost to them or their families. This philanthropic effort supports 22 hospitals in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
- Florida Gulf Coast University Watershed Institute-. The institute addresses regional concerns regarding the use and conservation of coastal watersheds. It does this by supporting undergraduate and graduate education in marine science and coastal watershed study, coordinating university research and disseminating information to the public about the health of coastal watersheds.
- Hearts and Homes for Veterans – The Fish Tale Grady Club recently donated $1,000 to Hearts and Homes for Veterans, an organization that helps low-income veterans in Lee County find and furnish affordable housing.
- Freedom Alliance – The organization advances the American heritage of freedom by honoring and encouraging military service, defending the sovereignty of the United States and promoting a strong national defense. Fish Tale recently contributed funds and the use of three boats to take veterans fishing in the Grouper Grapple Offshore Fishing Tournament.