Join 100,000 of your fellow boating enthusiasts in Miami on President’s Weekend for what promises to be a nautical extravaganza.
Recognized as one of the world’s largest and greatest boat shows, the 2017 Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show held from Feb. 16 to 20 promises to show off more than 1,300 new boats in its second year on Virginia Key.
Be sure to visit the pavilions for top-line manufacturers such as Chaparral, Grady-White and Robalo where you’ll meet representatives from Fish Tale Boats. Whether your passion is fishing or taking the family out for a day in the sun, Fish Tale can help you choose the right boat.
Highlights of the Show
Held at the spacious Miami Marine Stadium Park & Basin for the second year, the show promises major enhancements for attendees and exhibitors. Among the highlights:
- The new VIP experience will provide exclusive access to a private lounge, located aboard a 111-foot luxury yacht among some of the biggest boats ever displayed at the show. The lounge will offer upscale dining and beverage service, live music daily, an open-air sky deck, private restrooms and complimentary Wi-Fi. You can buy tickets and VIP parking here.
- Organizers anticipate more than 1,300 new boats on display throughout this year’s show with more new model debuts than in the past. The number of boats in the water is expanding 35% to about 550 boats and yachts in the show’s state-of-the-art, eco-friendly marina. From sport-fishing boats and high-performance boats, to personal watercraft and wake-sport boats, family cruisers and luxury yachts, there is something for every lifestyle and budget.
- The 2017 Miami Boat Show encourages attendees to come hungry and thirsty. A highlight of the 2017 show is an enhanced food and beverage program from Great Performances featuring more than 150 options ranging from luxe to casual fare. Great Performances is the same caterer used by the Miami Open and New York City Wine & Food Festival.
- Water Taxis: The number of water taxis to ferry attendees and exhibitors to the show will increase by more than 47% in 2017. In addition, the capacity of water taxis is doubling, allowing the show to transfer more than twice the number of people than last year. Water taxi pick-up and drop-off locations will be streamlined from seven to four: American Airlines Arena, the Hyatt in downtown Miami, the W Hotel (formerly Viceroy) in downtown Miami on Brickell, and Bayfront Park (Strictly Sail location) to meet the high demand for water transportation.
- Parking: Abundant parking options with an estimated 10,000 parking spaces, is available for show attendees in downtown Miami with easy access to water taxis and shuttle buses. Downtown lots include Marlins Park and American Airlines Arena. You can reserve parking ahead of time here.
After its success in 2016, the Miami Boat Show will once again offer sea trials, where interested customers can take the boat of their dreams for a spin in Miami’s open waters. This year, more boat exhibitors will participate, giving boat buyers a chance to test-drive a number of options. In addition, following last year’s popular sold-out on-water boating skills workshops, the show will offer that course with more daily power boating and sailing.
Representatives from Fish Tale Boats look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones at the Miami Boat Show. Come visit with us at the Chaparral, Grady-White and Robalo pavilions. Before you attend, preview all the boats online at www.fishtale.com or visit us our new location at 15581 S. Tamiami Trail, Fort Myers.